Rock solid! The house finance committee has scheduled ESSB6051 for a hearing this Tuesday. If you can join us at the hearing and need a ride, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP (by 3pm on Mon 2/22.) If you can't make it, please take 5 minutes to send a few emails or make a few calls (see below for instructions.)
Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 1:30pm
House Finance Committee
House Hearing Rm C
John L. O'Brien Building
There are 9 committee members in the House of Representatives “hearing” ESSB6051 on Tuesday. Many of these are most likely to be in favor of this bill... but with so many pressures and a lot of stress down there in Olympia, we want to make sure they don't change their minds! Can you draft a super short email and individually send it to some or all of a few key legislators we've identified below asking them to pass ESSB6051 out of their committee and telling them why King County's arts/heritage community rocks your world? By the end of the day Monday would be perfect.
Here is contact information for key legislators “hearing” these bills who might need a little convincing. Their last name is followed by their first.
SELECT HOUSE FINANCE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Hasegawa.Bob@leg.wa.gov * (360) 786-7862
Conway.Steve@leg.wa.gov * (360) 786-7906
Ericks.Mark@leg.wa.gov * (360) 786-7900
Santos.Sharon@leg.wa.gov * (360) 786-7944
Springer.Larry@leg.wa.gov * (360) 786-7822
*Thank this legislator for recently voting for passage of HB2912 that had similar support for arts and heritage in King County!
TIPS FOR YOUR EMAIL:
When you write, be brief and be sure to reference specific bill numbers. Here are some things to include in your email:
· Begin your letter formally with “Dear Representative [last name]
· Say that you are a resident of King County and that the arts and heritage funding through 4Culture is important to you.
· Ask them to please support ESSB6051 that includes funding for the arts and heritage program in King County.
· Thank them for recently supporting ESHB2912 and ask for their continued support of any bills that come before them (like ESSB6051) that would secure future funding for 4Culture.
· Add a short personal statement about how the arts and/or heritage or specifically 4Culture’s programs are valuable for you personally, your business, your employees, your neighborhood, your children, your quality of life, or your organization.
Thanks for your help!